Terms and Conditions
Sofa World Limited: Effective Date February 1, 2022,
- Sofa World Limited
- Registered in England and Wales
- Company number: 11991311
- VAT Registration number: 351545606
- Registered office: Unit H1/H2 Gildersome Spur, Leeds, LS27 7JZ
- Email address: email@example.com
These terms and conditions set out the basis on which you may access, browse and use our site.
1.1 Accessing our site
By using our site, you accept these terms
By using our site, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions and other applicable terms and policies, and that they comply with them.
Our site is only for users in the UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information or login details as part of our security procedures, you must treat that information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you know your user identification code and/or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.2 Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged (except where the content is user-generated).
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
If you print off, copy, download, share or repost any part of our site in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use our site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
No text or data mining, or web scraping
You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorize or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to our site or any services provided via, or in relation to, our site. This includes using (or permitting, authorizing or attempting the use of):
- Any “robot”, “bot”, “spider”, “scraper” or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the site or any data, content, information or services accessed via the site.
- Any automated analytical technique aimed at analyzing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends and correlations.
The provisions in this clause should be treated as an express reservation of our rights in this regard including for the purposes of Article 4(3) of Digital Copyright Directive ((EU) 2019/790).
This clause shall not apply insofar as (but only to the extent that) we are unable to exclude or limit text or data mining or web scraping activity by contract under the laws which are applicable to us.
1.3 Reliance on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include photos, information or other materials uploaded or posted by other users of the site or our social media pages, including to our photo gallery. These photos, information and materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site or social media pages do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to remove a photo you have uploaded by including our designated hashtag, simply remove the hashtag to stop the sharing. If you have difficulties with this process, please contact us on email@example.com.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date. This applies equally to content posted on any social media or other third-party sites linked to from this site. Please see the social media section and Links from our site section below.
1.4 Our site changes regularly
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users’ needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
1.5 Information about you and your visits to our site
1.6 Transactions concluded through our site
If you buy products or services from our site or over the telephone, our terms and conditions of sale will apply to the sale.
1.7 Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of sale.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or distributed denial-of-service attack.
1.8 Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
1.9 Links from our site
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Those links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
1.10 social media
We have limited control over the contents of any social media sites used by us and linked to from this site, such as our social feeds. If you post content to those social media sites, please do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, or in such a way as to suggest the posting represents our views or any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our acceptable use policy in section 1.12 below applies to your use of these social media sites, in addition to any terms, policies and guidelines of the owners of the social media sites.
1.11 Your Online Account
You may change your contact preferences and contact details for online communications at any time from your account dashboard. This won’t affect any other preferences you provide separately such as those made in store or online in relation to a booking or purchase.
When you create an online account, you confirm that:
- You are a resident in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland and aged 18 years or over
- The details provided when you register are true, accurate, up to date and complete
- You will not provide incomplete or false information or any information that you are not authorized to provide
- If any of your details change, you will update them in your account dashboard and, if you have made a purchase in store, will inform the store of the change
- You will treat any information provided for this service as confidential and you will not disclose this information to any other third party. If you believe that someone may have obtained your login details you must tell us straight away and immediately reset your password, and if possible, change the email address you use in your online account
Other important terms for your online account
- We reserve the right to refuse, suspend or disable your online account and any associated accounts if in our reasonable opinion we consider that you have breached these terms or otherwise behaved in an inappropriate manner.
- We also have the right to withdraw the SC’s Account Area at any time. If we do this, we will send you an email to inform you of this.
- We may send you communications through various channels about your account. This may include, for example, service-related information based on your activity and our provision of the account, but can include other service communications. If you have agreed, we may also send you promotional information and exclusive offers. You can manage your contact preferences from your account dashboard.
- You cannot use vouchers or offers against purchases you have already made through your account – in other words, you cannot apply vouchers or offers retrospectively.
- IMPORTANT! You will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of these terms by you or by any other person accessing our site using your account and/or your login details. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of any such breach of these terms.
1.12 Acceptable use policy 1.12.1 You may use our site and social media pages only for lawful purposes
You may not use our website or social media pages:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that breaches the terms, policies or guidelines applicable to the social media site in question;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (section 1.12.3);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; or
- to upload terrorist content.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in breach of these terms;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
– any part of our site;
– any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
– any software used in the provision of our site; or
– any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
1.12.2 Uploading content to our site or social media pages
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload or post content to our site or social media pages, or to make contact with other users of our site or social media pages, you must comply with the content standards set out in this terms and conditions.
IMPORTANT! You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload or post to our site or social media pages (which may be, but does not have to be, by using our designated hashtag) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site and social media pages a limited license to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in the sub-section below, ‘Rights you are giving us to use material you upload’
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site or social media pages constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site or social media pages if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in this Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload or post.
When you upload or post content to our site or social media pages, you grant us the following rights to use that content: a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content in connection with the service provided by the website or social media pages and across different media including to promote the site, social media pages or the service, forever.
1.12.3 Content standards
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site or social media pages (contributions). You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
Sofa World Ltd will determine, in its discretion, whether a contribution breaches the content standards.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with law applicable in England & Wales and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- include child sexual abuse material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination of any kind;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism; or
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
For the avoidance of doubt, for any contribution in the form of video content:
You must tell us immediately, if you upload a video containing any of the following: criminal material (relating to terrorism, sexual exploitation of children, child pornography, racism and xenophobia), unclassified or unclassifiable videos, videos rated R18 or suitable for R18 rating and other material that might impair the physical, mental or moral development of persons under the age of 18 (restricted material).
You must not upload a video containing harmful material.
1.12.4 Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of our agreement, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; or
- disclosure of that information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
IMPORTANT! We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
1.13 Changes to these terms
We may revise these terms, including our acceptable use policy, from time to time by amending this page. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on the date set out at the top of the page.
We may transfer this contract to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organization. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
1.14 Which country’s laws apply to any disputes
If you are a consumer, please note that these terms and conditions, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland, you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, these terms and conditions, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
1.15 Your concerns
If you have any concerns about content which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com.